Monday, December 08, 2008

gingerbread baby

What a delightful mess a toddler baker can make, when rolling cookies beside his mama. And as long as his mama can let go and accept the flour on the floor, the dough rolled onto the counter with great sticky vigour, the messy fingers and mangled gingerbread forms, the enormous quantity of dough consumed, then a great deal of fun can be had. Luckily our recipe comes from the days Perry worked at an organic bakery and it has no refined sugar or raw eggs to worry about. Though if someone was looking for a sugar high, one can most certainly be had through maple syrup and molasses.

This was yesterday's glorious advent mess. Today's will be decorating our creations. Icing and dried fruit and sprinkles- oh my.

6 comments:

  1. How fun! I have never made gingerbread cookies but I would love to this year. Could you share your recipe?
    I feel very inspired with your advent activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see them decorated! I used to love baking with my mum - I still use the small rolling pin she gave me when I was about 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet here, warm and cozy.

    ~Happy Holidays~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and smells like a wonderful sticky mess. I hope the gingerbread baby didn't run far or fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, please, share your recipe with me!!! I would love to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog makes me feel so peaceful! I'm so glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete