Sunday, December 14, 2008

how lovely are thy branches

The tree is up and I am loving how festive it is feeling around here. Did I mention I am having such fun having a child old enough to understand the celebrations? I might have mentioned that. But it is pretty exciting to start implementing some of the traditions and ideas we've been talking and thinking about for years. My heart was never in the celebrations when we were trying to create it before kids. But now it is such good fun.
Ari was pretty excited with the decorating- the treasures in the Christmas box (rather sparse really, but it'll grow,) and the fun of putting it up. Not to mention the hot chocolate to be drunk beside the tree as we adults fiddled with the lights and the tree stand. We really don't have much in the way of decorations, but we will keep building up our collections with handmade treasures over the years. This year's addition was reusable tin tinsel, which I am rather in love with. I hope to make some garlands with Ari this week- cranberries and popcorn perhaps.


And yes, this week is the big one- where I am alone all by myself with both babes for the first time. All day long. Oi. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Love the tree! I put mine up yesterday - not a real one ;o(

    They only had 6ft trees left - too big for my house! So I have a teeny little artificial tree which has my favourite ornaments on it- kind of red and white! I am buying my friend's kids one Christmas decoration every year so that they have their own collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might like this to decorate the tree (or the house!) http://chickpeastudio.typepad.com/chickpea_sewing_studio/2007/12/dried-oranges-o.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been so inspired by your advent cards. My daughter turns 2 this week and my son 14 the following day.(whew) I have been trying to find traditions that both could do and would enjoy. So we are going to try to do an activity each day till Christmas...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete