I wish I had terrific decorated cookie shots to put up here, but the light is so tricky this time of year I didn't end up with any, and the cookies are all hiding in the dark freezer now. I do, however have a recipe to post after several requests. It is a good one, tasty and healthy, sticky and fun.Yummy Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup oil
3tbsp fresh ginger grated
2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (I used half unbleached)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Blend syrup, molasses and oil and grated ginger together thoroughly. I've done this by hand and with a blender and both worked fine. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add blended concoction to dry ingredients and mix with as few strokes as possible (the most difficult part with a toddler!) Chill dough. Roll. Cut. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.
I used royal icing to decorate which is neither egg or sugar free. It made nice designs though. And the sprinkles I used were organic and coloured with beets and turmeric. So that makes up for it, right?
thanks for posting the recipe! I can't wait to make these :)
ReplyDelete