I have been venturing out with the kids a little more these days, ready to get out of the house and see other humans now and then. Muffins and steamed milk at a coffee shop (one with a train table that keeps Ari busy and lets me jot a few notes in my journal while bouncing Dorian on my knee,) little thrift store missions, and regular library visits. We've been loading up on the books but I kept forgetting to bring bags to carry them in. On that one sewing day I had back a couple weeks ago I rediscovered this Japanese Mother Goose print and clearly, it needed to be Ari's very own library bag. There are no pictures of the lining since I sewed it in inside out (ahem.) and was not going to waste my precious sewing day with the seam ripper. But I used a red polka dot thrifted pillow case, and it is still cute, even inside out.He tried out the bag this week and was pleased to be able to carry out (some of) his books on his own. There are no pictures of that because I have not yet figured out how to juggle a toddler, a babe in sling and a camera while out and about.
I figured the best way for me to have a library bag was to make myself a new purse-ish bag and use my old one for carrying books. Makes sense, right? I had this one half-sewed from the summer and finished it off that same day. It is from bluebirdbaby's very nice everything bag tutorial.

Ari's book bag is very sweet. I might have to try some of my own. Thanks for your info on my nappies post, I really appreciate it. And...it is nice to get out once in awhile isn't it?
ReplyDeleteboth bags are great! The library bag has been on my "to do" list for a very long time...oops.
ReplyDeleteI love both the bags!
ReplyDeleteYes that whole toddler, baby juggling thing can be rather tricky at times can't it :o)