Friday, February 06, 2009

breathing

A much better week. These sweet kiddos just keep my heart smiling, even during the bumpy patches. I mean really- look at them- my cuties pies.


And sometimes it takes the rough patches to make you take the time for reflection. To think about who you want to be as a parent, what you want to be teaching your children through your actions and in all those little moments you share together. I need reminding, over and over and over again not to get caught up in the details. Sure, they need to be attended to, but regularly stepping back and taking a look around is ever so important. I need to remember to breathe. Remember to approach the struggling toddler with compassion and love. Stop and connect with the real emotions that lie underneath the anger or the frustration. And then, to be gentle with myself- my flawed self- trying to learn on the job. No berating. Compassion for the mama too. It's nothing short of spiritual practice. And what a wondrous practice it is.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this beautiful post... I have been reading your blog since about a month and find a lot of inspiration. Thank you for being so true and authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it any better. Thank you. We mamas need to remember to take it one step at a time. Thank you for the reminder. breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post.

    And what beautiful faces too!

    Breathing is good...

    ReplyDelete