Tuesday, April 14, 2009

bread and yams

A day of painting eggs and making Ukrainian Easter bread at my mom's house. Both my brother and sister were home and we had some lovely family time. Ari was a little under the weather on Easter morning, but perked up later in the day and seems fine now. We did have to coax him into actually looking for the eggs at first though, so we knew he wasn't feeling very well. He got into it after awhile, and has since stashed all his Easter treats in secret locations. He has several caches of beloved objects around the house which we sometimes come upon when cleaning. The last one I found had a tin of marbles, a small (abandoned) wasps nest and some stickers. My boy the squirrel. I will dig the mama made objects out of hiding photograph them sometime when I get the chance.
Dorian got to taste some food for Easter and the Easter bunny brought him a new bib for the occasion. He seems to like the bib, but the food he's not so sure about.


He seems to enjoy the tactile experience of painting his yams onto his tray but he has to be reassured that I am not going to abandon him to solid food. He looks at me worriedly and seems to be wondering if this mush is all I'll be serving up for supper. But of course, there is mama's milk to spare. And I am secretly pleased he is not gobbling up the yams and avocados just yet. I wasn't quite ready for my baby to grow up that much.
All in all, a lovely little holiday around here, I hope yours was fine too.

ETA: I am still posting from the laptop and it is harder to gauge photo quality and brightness etc. my apologies if these pictures difficult to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment