Wednesday, April 15, 2009

monsters

Please allow a proud mama a moment. Ari is starting to draw representational drawings and I'm just thrilled. Unlike some children, Ari did not start out drawing sweet little images of his family in proportional sizes. Instead Ari started with a monster series. These might be the cutest fierce monsters ever known to humankind.


Monster with big eyes and an orange nose.
Hairy monster with lots of arms and legs.
Whole lot of monsters

Are they not just the greatest?
Speaking of monsters, here's the littlest one, modelling the starts of the costume I'm making Ari for his birthday. It is made of Jersey and sweater scraps and heavily influenced by the one Katurah made her little guy awhile back.
I plan to add to it a bit, a tail for sure, maybe more, but I'd say it's looking pretty fierce so far, no?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it when they start drawing a million copies of the same monster, butterfly, sun...insert interest at the moment.

    Looks like you'll be into book binding in no time.

    ReplyDelete