Sunday, September 20, 2009

apples and pumpkins


Yesterday I baked apple pie and roasted pumpkin for soup to share with friends. The house smelled ever so fall-ish. Apples from my mom's tree and pumpkins from the farmers market and a stack of autumn library books from interlibrary loan. Apple pie and a good book, what could be cozier?
And the pumpkin soup was a hit with the kids- Dorian ate his weight in soup both last night and today. The recipe is this: roast pumpkin. fry onions. mix together and add soup stock. blend and serve to small children.

4 comments:

  1. Love the autumn colours! My favourite soup is butternut squash with potato - the potato takes the slightly sweet edge off the squash - add a little smoked cheese before serving yum yum!! I would like to have seen the bowlful that Dorian ate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    Sounds like my kind of soup. I can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what lovely photos! i love fall soups... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos!
    such warmth and beauty in your day!
    your soup sounds so lovely : )

    ReplyDelete