Friday, September 18, 2009

school days

So the first day of Enki-inspired preschool has come and gone, and it went really well. Such cuteness from these little ones! There is some tweaking to be done, with the circle especially, and with the schedule, but I think they did really well, especially considering it was the first time being part of a more formal class for most of them. There is certainly some boy energy to contend with, but this is an ever-present issue in my life as a mama to boys, I know I can work with it!

I'm too tired to go into many details now, but I would love to do a little show-and-tell of what I made for the preschool and then, of course, recording how things are going would be fun and helpful for me to look back on, but we'll see. For now, there is a glimpse of a few things: paint smocks I sewed from thrifted fabric, a red-headed preschool dolly (who didn't even get touched! They played mostly with the empty baskets I set out on the shelves at the last minute,) and some tree blocks. We had a lot of fun, and a nice soup lunch with the mamas (and my mama who is taking care of the baby while I tend the preschoolers,) and I am feeling that right-down-to-my-bones sort of tired after all that busy fun. Off to bed I go, with the circle songs playing over in my head.

6 comments:

  1. The preschool looks lovely, I wish it were here in our town! I look forward to seeing all that you made. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wee school looks so sweet, wishing it was here in our un-Enki, un-Waldorf town. Wishing you all the best. Peace and love. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely space you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your first day was so fun! Looks like a wonderfully cozy, creative space you're created for the wee ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could come! Give yourself and the children time to learn the rhythms of a school morning. This is new for everyone, and they will learn these rhythms, too. They are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for voting on my quilt ;) Also, I love the photo of your playroom! It looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete