Monday, November 09, 2009

the elf and the music man

We attended a magic themed party this weekend. Ari went as a magical knight (but still a rather fierce one as you can see,)
And Dori as a forest elf.



There was an open stage component, and Ari had told us in advance that he planned to play the guitar and sing a song, but we though it likely that he would get shy at the last minute and decline. But, oh no. The boy played that guitar until I pried him off the stage, telling him that other kids wanted to have a turn too. And then he got right back up once the other kids were through. There was lots of strumming and then some scat singing and then onto the beatboxing. He was getting so loud I snuck up to turn down the amp, and he was mad, saying "hey! I can't hear myself in here!" I couldn't believe it. Apparently two shy introverts can produce an unbelievably extroverted child. My boy is certainly proof!


And his dear brother is his biggest fan. You just have to say the words "Ari is singing," and he starts to dance. He has this adorable shoulder roll kind of move that is just too cute for words. Quite the pair, these two.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness. That looks like so much fun. Wonderful costumes. Dori's hat/bonnet is killing me, it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!!! How on earth did you two produce a beatboxing scat singer? Those genes apparently skip a generation hey sis? I cracked up so much reading this....Jer really liked "hey! I can't hear myself!"
    Thanks for the chuckles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this too! Hilarious. I see a future as a stage mom..... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. So funny. And not surprisingly, this is is especially funny to those who know me in person!

    ReplyDelete