Sunday, November 15, 2009

weekend

It is winter here now. The snow has come and it looks like it will stay. I wanted to do nothing but sit and knit today, working on this little pair of rainbow mittens. A good way to process the changing of the seasons.

And now I'm off to an early bed, hoping to fend off the ever present cold bugs, another unmistakable sign of winter's arrival.

And thank you all so much for the lovely comments and e-mails lately. I am so thankful for all the kind words and the sense of sharing that I find in the bloggy world. An especially warm hello to Em at thepinetrees whose baby is also a climber, and whose beautiful rainbow knitting inspired the above dying and knitting project.

5 comments:

  1. Oh your rainbow yarn looks so lovely! Can't wait to see it all knitted up. Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to ask in my other comment what you used for your dyes? I love the pinks and purples you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Em, I used food dyes, a mix of koolaid and just the liquid sort used for icing and such. I was going for red, so I was a bit dissapointed by how pink it turned out, but it does look cute knitted up. The red was "cherry" (I think "tropical punch" is redder, but I couldn't find it,) and the purple is just the blue and red dyes mixed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that rainbow yarn. It's beautiful! I want to have a yarn dying party with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A terrific idea Annie, let's do it!

    ReplyDelete