Have I mentioned that the days are flying by? If only we could make the time pass this quickly in say, March, we'd be set. Just a few quick pictures of our days.
::lots of holiday crafting. Stringing a cranberry garland. This was a bit hard for Ari, but he was happy to help and then to play with the garland as it was being made. It was turned into a fishing net, a bracelet, and a piano until I had to put it up to keep it from turning into cranberry jam.
:candles at breakfast.

::lots of holiday crafting. Stringing a cranberry garland. This was a bit hard for Ari, but he was happy to help and then to play with the garland as it was being made. It was turned into a fishing net, a bracelet, and a piano until I had to put it up to keep it from turning into cranberry jam.
:candles at breakfast.
:: such beautiful sunny days.

:: and getting out to play everyday. Perry and a couple of our landmates flooded the pond last weekend and there has been lots of playing on the ice in boots during the day and then in the evening Perry and Ari have been heading out for a before-bedtime skate. So great.


:: and getting out to play everyday. Perry and a couple of our landmates flooded the pond last weekend and there has been lots of playing on the ice in boots during the day and then in the evening Perry and Ari have been heading out for a before-bedtime skate. So great.

:: and Dori has been regularly falling asleep while we are playing outside in the afternoon and then finishing his nap in his snowsuit. He doesn't seem to mind.

::playing inside. Taking a train to visit Auntie L and Uncle J.
:: our activity advent has been so great. Having a daily focus just helps the days go by so much more smoothly.
We are going to get our tree and decorate this weekend. I think this is my favorite tradition of all. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

::playing inside. Taking a train to visit Auntie L and Uncle J.

:: our activity advent has been so great. Having a daily focus just helps the days go by so much more smoothly.
We are going to get our tree and decorate this weekend. I think this is my favorite tradition of all. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
Making cookies or tree decorations? I remember we used to make tree decorations - I think out of homemade playdough (or something similar) that we then baked. We'd keep the decorations year after year in a yogurt container with the Christmas things until we noticed some mould creeping in...Still - they were great because we made them!
ReplyDeleteYa Danielle, they are salt dough ornaments. It was the perfect activity for a three year old. Flour to play with, dough to muck around in and roll, playing with cookie cutters and then paint *and* sparkles. What could be better? If the do get mouldy I'm sure he'd be happy to do it all over next year!
ReplyDeleteYour days look so beautiful and the weather could not be more different to our hot hot summer...merry christmas..xx
ReplyDeleteI had fun catching up. Your blog is so good and real and yummy. Keepin' it real, you are a good mummy!
ReplyDeleteHoliday Blessings~
Yes, it gets so busy, it's such an exciting time with little ones.
ReplyDeleteLove your advent calender.
I'm just imagining how cool it would be to see Ari use the cranberry garland as a piano! Dori looks snug and hugged in his snow suit! I'd like it too if I didn't get too hot!
ReplyDeleteLooks lovely, Tai! Time does go to fast at this time of year.
it always looks so cozy and sweet at your house! many warm wishes to you and your family mama!
ReplyDelete