


A beautiful family walk in the cold and sun. Feeling a little peace again in my heart for the first time since I heard the news. Remembering that I need to invite joy in to live beside the sadness; gratitude along with the grief. That nothing can take away the sadness of this time, or the horror of what these people I love are facing, but that being fully and wholly present with my own children, with my own life is more important now than ever.
It is all so precious. Every single moment a treasure. And I want be present for every sun-filled, gingerbread scented, snowsparkling day on this planet that I can. Really present. The way little W. is. The way all our incredible little people are.
Such a lovely post. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
ReplyDeleteBack in the summer, one of my father's colleagues lost her 11 year old daughter in a freak accident. For 2 weeks it wasn't clear whether she would pull through or not, but in the end they had to let her go. It brings home just how precious life is, how precious your children are, how you need to live life to the full and enjoy every moment. Sometimes, in day to day life and surrounded by piles of laundry, dishes to be washed, homework to be done, it's easy to lose sight of all that.
ReplyDeleteIf the little girl is old enough to appreciate receiving cards, I'd be happy to put something in the post for her.
Talking of post, hope the parcel made it to you before Christmas!
Yes Cybele, it is hard to see it clearly sometimes, and I am so grateful for the days when it is clear and bright. Thanks for the card offer- she is a bit small (not yet 2,) but I know that her parents are glad to hear of people sending prayers and well-wishes. And thank you so much for sending the book, it has not yet arrived, but I prefer to space things out at this time of year, and I'm sure it will arrive and be treasured soon after the holiday. Thank you again for your generosity.
ReplyDeleteThe sleeping picture is so sweet. Happy New Year from one BC to another.
ReplyDelete