Saturday, March 06, 2010

playing summer

I am still being blocked by blogger- it is a rather large pain in the bum, but thought I would pop in (using that proxy thing again,) say hello and goodbye. We are heading to the big city for a few days. It is Perry's spring break and we are looking forward to cherry blossoms and green grass and visits with dear friends.
Here are a few pictures from a couple days back when the game "summer" began. The boys have been dressing up in their favorite summer outfits (read: nothing whatsoever,) and running through the imaginary sprinkler and playing in the imaginary sandbox and swimming in the imaginary lake.

Here we are having our morning snack at the beach. The boys wore their swim suits with some coaxing (and Ari suggested I wear a summer skirt!) and I brought my knitting as I always do, and the boys lazed around in the sun and took turns splashing around in the water.

We are clearly all ready for a change of scene. I hope everyone has a lovely week!

4 comments:

  1. have a great break and hope blogger unblocks you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures- I love your summer skirt!
    I hope blogger straightens things up for you very soon, and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn blogger! What's up with that?

    Won't be too long now until is hot out. Enjoy your time in the city! I've been thinking about needing to go some time soon myself. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those photos! My kids spend much time half-naked on blankets around our living room as well. Did you make the quilt?

    It's pretty lovely here in Vancouver right now if that is the "big city" where you are headed. It feels wonderful to be preparing garden beds and making big spring planting plans.

    ReplyDelete