Annie- so glad to hear you are enjoying that book- it really is the greatest! Melanie- yes that's it! It is Dori's fav right now, he carries it around saying "car car? car car?" It is only a year old but already well worn!
Nettlejuice- I'm not sure which sweater you are refering to- there are a few! The one Ari is wearing in the last post in made by my aunt, from her own pattern I expect. The vest Dori is wearing I never did post about- though there are plenty of pictures of him in it-he wears it nearly everyday! It is the "manly vest" (free baby pattern on ravelry) and I knit it on bigger needles with thicker wool. The knitting pictures are of a sweater I am knitting Ari- I'll get to posting about that sometime too!
I thought that looked like the manly vest! I love that pattern and am wanting to make it for my new little one for fall. . .but the pattern is for tiny babies. I am glad to hear it worked out well doing it on bigger needles with bulky yarn, because that is what I was thinking I'd do. I am not clever enough for modifying the pattern or figuring out how to make it bigger. . .
I'm at the moment knitting a larger version of the manly vest too! I'm doing it in chunky and have enlarged the whole thing too a little to fit my 4 year old. Hope it will look as cute as Dori's!
MElanie and laangel- I'm excited to see how the larger manly vests turn out- It is such a lovely pattern. I found mine was a bit too floppy- I ended up felting it a bit which helped. busygnomes- I know- don't they look so different? I am amazed by that almost every day!
We were lucky to have some sunny days, even when rain was called for! Here's to upcoming sunny beautiful days.
ReplyDeleteHey, I wanted to tell you that the book In The Town, All Year Round has become an absolute favourite here. Thank you for the suggestion!
what lovely pictures and what utterly gorgeous cheeks in the first picture!!
ReplyDeletewonderful sunny weekend!
ReplyDeleteIs that "Cars and Trucks and Things that Go". . . ? That is a well-loved-battered book in our home!
Annie- so glad to hear you are enjoying that book- it really is the greatest!
ReplyDeleteMelanie- yes that's it! It is Dori's fav right now, he carries it around saying "car car? car car?" It is only a year old but already well worn!
so lovely
ReplyDeletei'd love to know the pattern for that cute sweater
did you post about it?
That looks like an intriguing book. Yours and his both.
ReplyDeleteNettlejuice- I'm not sure which sweater you are refering to- there are a few! The one Ari is wearing in the last post in made by my aunt, from her own pattern I expect. The vest Dori is wearing I never did post about- though there are plenty of pictures of him in it-he wears it nearly everyday! It is the "manly vest" (free baby pattern on ravelry) and I knit it on bigger needles with thicker wool. The knitting pictures are of a sweater I am knitting Ari- I'll get to posting about that sometime too!
ReplyDeleteI thought that looked like the manly vest! I love that pattern and am wanting to make it for my new little one for fall. . .but the pattern is for tiny babies. I am glad to hear it worked out well doing it on bigger needles with bulky yarn, because that is what I was thinking I'd do. I am not clever enough for modifying the pattern or figuring out how to make it bigger. . .
ReplyDeleteI'm at the moment knitting a larger version of the manly vest too! I'm doing it in chunky and have enlarged the whole thing too a little to fit my 4 year old. Hope it will look as cute as Dori's!
ReplyDeleteHow different your two boy's look.
ReplyDeleteGlad that the sun is shinning in your neck of the woods.
MElanie and laangel- I'm excited to see how the larger manly vests turn out- It is such a lovely pattern. I found mine was a bit too floppy- I ended up felting it a bit which helped.
ReplyDeletebusygnomes- I know- don't they look so different? I am amazed by that almost every day!
It certainly is the season for outdoor handwork :)
ReplyDelete