Sorry to disappear for a bit. My grandfather passed away last week and the boys and I travelled to spend time with family and attend the service. We felt very lucky to have had such a lovely visit with grandpa Frank such a short time ago and are thankful to have these last memories of him. There was time for looking through photos and sharing stories, and celebrating grandpa's life. It was a long trip and we are tired (it took 3 days of 6-7 hours on the road each day to get back home,) and the boys and I missed Perry lots, but we are very glad we went. My babes were such terrific travellers and did really well. Now today is a day for recovery and laundry. Back soon.Sunday, May 16, 2010
there and back
Sorry to disappear for a bit. My grandfather passed away last week and the boys and I travelled to spend time with family and attend the service. We felt very lucky to have had such a lovely visit with grandpa Frank such a short time ago and are thankful to have these last memories of him. There was time for looking through photos and sharing stories, and celebrating grandpa's life. It was a long trip and we are tired (it took 3 days of 6-7 hours on the road each day to get back home,) and the boys and I missed Perry lots, but we are very glad we went. My babes were such terrific travellers and did really well. Now today is a day for recovery and laundry. Back soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing.
ReplyDeleteAnd time for recovery sounds like just the thing...
Hello, I was drawn to comment, though I haven't until now. I really enjoy your blog!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear of your loss.
We have lost two men in our family during the last two years, both were grandfathers. One of the men was my older brother, who was a grandfather, yet died before he could meet his first grandson by mere months, and the second was my father, who died shortly after my brother.
Sharing and community and time all offer their magic to help the healing. It sounds wonderful to have the memories and time to connect with stories and photos. All of those were meaningful to me as well.
so sorry Taimarie, sending you lots of love and hugs
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing, Tai- but I am glad to hear you were able to make it over there to spend time with your family. I am also glad your boys travel well!
ReplyDeleteI just saw my grandfather over the weekend, and thought to myself that I should soak up each time I see him- he is getting old and lives kind of far away. I am happy for you that you have memories of a good visit from a short time ago!
Hope you can get back into your rhythm at home smoothly and peacefully!
~Hugs~ <3
Sorry for your loss Taimari. Hope you and your family are doing well.
ReplyDeleteOh T, my heart is with you. I'm so sorry to hear this so late.
ReplyDelete