Friday, November 26, 2010

bread, birds and campfire cooking


A few scenes from the week. Baking, crafting, playing. The bird craft is actually from awhile ago, when the birds first really started coming to the feeder. It is a spring craft officially, but this time of year is when we really pay attention to the birds, so it seemed appropriate, and Ari loved this craft.
There has been a lot of fort building around here lately, the couch is rarely a spot for sitting, as it often is a den for foxes or a dragon's lair. Mama dragons are really only welcome when the roof of the cave needs fixing.
Speaking of dragons, I just finished sewing one today, and his knight opponent is nearly done too. The princess isn't far behind. Castle, play mat and carrying case still to tackle in the next week. I think I can, I think I can...
I came upon this playsilk campfire (and bucket of water!) in the boy's room. They had asked me to set up the tent and were camping. There was also a lot of jumping and splashing in the living room "lake" and fish and potatoes cooked over this fire later in the game. Lucky me, I just have to sit and sew in the rocking chair and I am treated to fresh cooked campfire meals and plenty of free entertainment. It's a good life.

5 comments:

  1. i love the camp fire and water bucket!! just so cool x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was contemplating our couch the other day - how it gets transformed into one of many things first thing in the morning, and that's the last I see of it for 12+ hours. I am also an on-call roof fixer upper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe this is the year to find some playsilks....I love them, and somehow they escaped our home! My boys still engage in much open-ended play, and these would be used daily I suspect!!

    Love the little dragon lair. It has been fun making the shift to indoor living, though I highly resisted it for a long while. The weather didn't help, coaxing us outside with unusually warm temperatures for much of Novemeber!! But now. we're definitely indoor people...

    :-) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome campfire!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bread, it looks like the sun! Peace and love. Anna

    ReplyDelete