Last summer when we were out east, some dear friends of ours organized a canoe trip for us to take together. They had all the gear waiting for us- tents, sleeping bags, canoes, cooking stuff- we just had to show up. It was a lovely trip, not long enough, of course, but we had a wonderful time and the boys still talk about it. Ever since then, we had been wanting to get a package together for them, as thank you, and to send some love across the distance. It took some time, but finally we got some things together for them and got news that it had been received, so I can post it here now.
We had a hard time deciding what to send, but when I came across a tiny little canoe from imagine childhood, it all came together. Using the acorns caps we gathered on this trip, I made a little family to resemble them and who fit into the little canoe. A little forest/canoe trip playset. (The wooden tree, cave and bears came from Just Hatched.)
A little library bag with a couple favorite books rounded out the little package. I've been making lots of these little bags- they are fun to make and the wee recipients seem to use them lots and enjoy them. I know my boys love the ones I've made them. Baskets and bags are always favorite toys. And forest playsets too I hope.
Happy Monday Friends.



Now this is a sweet little gift, I'm sure it will be much loved. I've browsed imagine childhood several times, how did you find the shipping to Canada?
ReplyDeletethis is so sweet, I love the little acorn capped family :-)
ReplyDeletetiny plum- the shipping wasn't too bad for little items. Not an option for bigger ones though- it rarely is from the states, as I'm sure you know!
ReplyDeleteTai, this is awesome!!! I just love the faces on those little peg people. :)
ReplyDeleteI am with you- kids love bags, baskets- boxes, anything to put things in. Some of my children's favorite things are simple bags and baskets. Often if we can't find a certain something, we'll find it later stashed away in a tote bag. :)
Oh so lovely. I love seeing all that you create.
ReplyDeleteOh my, this is the kind of gift I would treasure forever. So thoughtful and adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh my, this is the kind of gift I would treasure forever. So thoughtful and adorable!
ReplyDeleteBaskets and bags are among our favourites too, and we find many unique ones thrifted, thankfully, as I can't sew very fast. I could likely do a bag by hand, but right now I'd just as soon have my hands digging in soil!
ReplyDelete