Monday, August 29, 2011

fall fair and Holocene


 Here are the photos I mentioned. We had a good time at the fair- carnival rides (including bumper cars which Ari has been talking about wanting to try since last year!) animals, music, giant vegetables (forgot to photograph those!) and wonderful friends to share it all with- What could be better?



I guess if the fall fair has passed I should start admitting to myself that autumn might be upon us. All the locals are claiming we are going to have a hot warm autumn this year. That sounds good to me.

I wanted also to share this most beautiful video. I've been listening to Bon Iver a lot the last while, something about his music has been just right for me lately. But I just discovered this video and I love everything about it. The landscape, the footage, the child, the woolly clothes, the incredible song. I want to watch it over and over. Enjoy dear friends. Goodnight.
BON IVER "Holocene" from nabil elderkin on Vimeo.


3 comments:

  1. Such cuties, Taisa! Ari is looking so big lately, he's at that wonderful age when so much is happening! So is Dori, though. :)
    Perry has some pretty terrific hair!
    I'll come back and listen to this video this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous music and video, thanks! the fair looked wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the same page music wise. I have bon iver on my itunes but I've never seen this lovely video. It makes me think of your photography....

    ReplyDelete