Wednesday, August 08, 2012







Oh, there has been much excitement in these parts, camping, music festivals, a big birthday party for my dad,  and the endless and wondrous garden adventures.
::hops  and sunflowers and a shady place to play,
:: carrots, onions, marigolds (and so far no carrot fly!)
:: drying tea herbs for winter

::playing and snacking in the pea teepee
::battling a nasty slug infestation,

::learning that sweet peas might be my favorite smell in the world- next year I am going to fill my garden with them!
::bidding farewell to my boys as they joined several other families on a camping adventure while I stayed home and got a whole bunch of things done. They had a wonderful time and I did too, but next time I will be joining them!

And now we will be sailing off again on another adventure. Looking forward to it, but wondering why we decided to plan a trip during this busy garden season, having to let go of some crops that we will likely miss, but glad to have some time to spend together as a family.
I hope you are having some lovely summer adventures friends!
(photo credits to Perry for the first and last 3 shots- thanks love!)

9 comments:

  1. I just love to see your photos, you have such an amazing space to live in and enjoy - I'm green with envy! Enjoy your trip, Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drying herbs for the winter too...may I ask - what do you do with the yarrow? Is it for tea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything here, Taisa! It looks like you are having a beautiful, bountiful summer. Isn't it wonderful that the weather has turned?! I'm wishing you wonderful coastal adventures. I haven't emailed you to let you know we are unable to go to the coast...plans changed (financially propelled). I'll email later. But my, look how beautiful it is there!!! Hugs!
    xo Jules
    P.S. I'm with you on the sweet peas...we alternate our tipi with sweet peas this year, next it will be scarlet runners again. Ahhh, the smell in late afternoon as I pick our dinner is intoxicating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. Summer is great this year, isn't it. sigh. My sweet peas still haven't bloomed. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see your children in the garden... and I love the drying herbs. We are in Whitehorse this summer and I am totally enjoying the festivals and Northern summers.
    Have you try a combo of beer trap, egg shells (LOTS) and hand picking by flashlights for the slugs? This is what worked for us. The girls loved the hand picking by flashlight part... especially when there was campfire treat afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is tricky, that wanderlust that strikes at the height of harvest, isn't it? i battle that one too :) how nice to have a wee break to focus while the kids were safely away on an adventure! i'd love time like that, it doesn't happen ... no relations to watch my kids even for a 1/2 hour nearby and onlt one other close by family to help occasionally. i manage an awful lot on my own and that can be overwhelming. hence no blogging lately.

    summer looks pretty in your sweet paradise ... are you drying yarrow? is that the white one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you've been having a lovely summer! Enjoy your break.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your photos with us! These days of summer are to be cherished!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like you had a great time! Enjoy what is left of the summer (it is over here!).

    ReplyDelete