Friday, September 14, 2012

The week in pictures:
running in to get the chickens some treats- all bundled up on on a chilly morning,
:: the willows behind our house are the favorite climbing trees for the biggest boy,
:: there are a few cherries on Dorian's cherry tree this year,
:: silly boys who asked to pose with this fireweed, 
:: Ari is loving his journal
:: pirates, pirates everywhere- they came to town with me several times this week- foam swords and captain hats and all- and brought scarves to the park so their friends could join in the game.
:: more giant zucchini.
:: chamomile, cucs and a few ripe tomatoes, golden glow and oregano bouquet. 
:: Grain free peach and raspberry cobbler. I'd offer the recipe but I totally made it up on the fly. I'll try and pay attention for next time because it was really good.
:: getting back to the projects on the needles. 
:: farmer boys beg their mama to let them dig the potatoes. Not much of a crop this year due to dryness mostly, I think. We are not eating them yet anyway, but I was hoping for a cellar-full for later in the winter. Oh well. Some things did very well, so I am focusing on that.

A good week. Ready for a weekend together and a good night sleep!
Goodnight friends.

10 comments:

  1. Love love love seeing what you're up to!
    What a lovely chamomile harvest- and our potatoes are all small too, due to the lack of rain. But we have 'em!
    Ari's journal is wonderful- we are having a great time together keeping nature journals as well- it's so much fun to all sit down together and draw. Winter boy is always last to finish, sitting there for a long time absorbed.
    Your knitting looks wonderful- and
    SWEET BOYS!
    <3 Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. I love thinking of you all sitting and working on your journals together and Winter working for so long. I've been wanting to get a nature journal happening for myself for a long time. Must do it. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love seeing your photos of the week! The down vests made me feel a bit chilly but that crumble photo warmed me right up. Would love a copy of the recipe if you make one. And I think the photo of your basket would make into lovely art cards!
    Enjoy your weekend,
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey! Yes, it has been very chilly in the mornings and we had our first big frost last night but the days have been sunny and warm. I love this time of year! I'll post that recipe if I ever get it written down!

      Delete
  3. yes I'm definitely still thinking that I might come and live with you xx x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please do! Although I often think that of your place. We'll have to take turns! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tai,
    The cranes are headed your way! Peace and love. Anna P.S. I love your knitting and the pics of those sweet boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I was just noticing in our journals from last year that they usually arrive sometime next week- we'll keep our faces pointed towards the sky!

      Delete
  6. Some cooler weather. Oh, I'm loving the crisp mornings. I see new (?) wood chips on the ground. Are those in your garden or are you using another space?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we got wood chips down on some of the paths of our garden before they ran out of them at the mill. It makes such a big difference in feeling on top of the weeds!

      Delete