I knit this little acorn cap for Dori's birthday and gave it to him with a copy of the Elsa Beskow book that the pattern is inspired by. Its Little Pip's acorn cap and is such a sweet little knit. He loves both (phew! He can be hard to please in the clothing department, I just never know with him!) and looks so ridiculously cute in it I can hardly keep from nibbling him. I'll try to get a proper shot of the little acorn boy soon.
And generally we are just puttering around, doing all that needs to be done this time of year- putting the garden to bed, keeping going with the preserving, and the usual home- school and household stuff. We made a big batch of applesauce yesterday and canned some, and have more apples on the way. We've been collecting rosehips and drying them for winter tea, and gathering the last bits of food out of the garden.We have a huge piles of dried field peas to shuck too- there must be a quicker way to get them out of their dried pods (I'm thinking threshing or rolling them in a pillow case or something?) but for now we have just been sitting on the deck and shucking them in the sun. The weather is turning though, I think our usual autumn weather has arrived- time to break out the woollies!
Happy Wednesday, friends!





we love woody, hazel and little pip. that acorn hat is so sweet, and perfect with the book. and your sock is looking nice as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet hat! And that book sounds like something my kids would love! Going to have to get both!
ReplyDeleteLow the green of that sock! Great shade. Your hat is very sweet, too.
ReplyDeleteI love it all, Taisa! The hat is wonderful! <3
ReplyDeleteI love the green sock is it a ravelry pattern? Would love to make some socks for my children that looks like a great pattern. How do you dry your rosehips we have loads in the garden, I make some into syrup but have never thought of drying them, I love rosehip tea.
ReplyDeleteI love the little acorn cap! That is one of my favourite books!
ReplyDelete