This frost was like magic- covering everything, turning the smallest grasses to jeweled treasures. Walking through the trees the wind blew sparkling gems down on us. The boys headed to the sledding hill and I kept walking for a while, gazing at the world made new by this crystal magic. I gathered the boys on my way back up the hill and we walked together on our familiar path home, through that white and glimmering world.
It was too cold to last long out there, we warmed ourselves inside with hot buttery applesauce and tea and settled into our homeschool day. Some moments just sparkle, don't they?
There has been a lot of drawing and making around these parts- especially Dori who can sit and draw for so very long. His drawings and creations are killing me with their cuteness right now- maybe you'd like to see a few?
 |
| Papa with a top hat |
 |
| black cat under clouds |
 |
| alligator and girl (from one of the Grade 1 fairytales that Ari was drawing ,) |
 |
| monkey on a surfboard |
Pretty adorable, huh?
And here is a beeswax pirate ship by Ari. After making this he and Dori spent most of the next morning making it much, much bigger and using all of the modelling beeswax, complete with treasure chests and pirate flags etc. We finally got the temperature of the wax right and it was lovely to work with but I had to keep reminding them that beeswax is like play dough we enjoy making things, and then take them apart to make new things. We'll see how that goes!
I think we are all glad to be back in our routines and enjoying our quiet homeschool days together.
And though there are no pictures to show for it, the weekend was a good one- the boys started their Jackrabbit classes, and Dorian was pretty thrilled to have his very own class with friends new and old. We had a quiet home day today and we are ready for the new week.
Happy Sunday, friends.
ps Thanks for all your sweet comments and emails regarding our big news. We are pretty thrilled and it is lovely to be sharing it with you all!
Your snow pictures make me happy and weepy all at once. Lots of rain interspersed with very cold here this year, so no snow for the kids to play in makes for a challenging season.
ReplyDeleteI love the drawings - I am always amazed how much kids love to draw. Our go-to activity on a long road trip is a clipboard and paper and a variety of drawing implements.
Your portrait of life is, as always, peaceful and luminous.
Oh those pictures are so stunning. I always dream of living in Canada so these shots made my day x
ReplyDeleteThe snow looks so lovely, one day, I'll spend a winter in Canada....
ReplyDeleteWas only thinking of you the other day Taisa, and the thought of a baby popped into my mind. And I come here and read your wonderful news, congratulations, enjoy this special,special time.xx