Oh, these days. These rainy, sleepy, milky days, these days of falling asleep in the afternoon with my baby girl on my chest, the sound of her soft breathing, her little legs curled up under her, the rain on the roof, the smell of her sweet baby head. Of singing her little made up songs about diaper changes and mama's milk, of watching her as she listens to the birdsong out the window, of that sweet little tiger growl she makes as she latches on and her little wandering hands that get in her way, of her tiny feet and her tiny pink socks and her too-big soft wool shirt I can't bring myself to take off her, of those precious awake moments when I can catch glimpses of who she might be. And if I am at risk of floating away on the dreamy cloud of new baby-ness, there is always a little boy or two here to ground me, to make me laugh, to help me remember how sweet it all is- circus tricks and silly costumes and whoopee cushions and all.
Congratulations! She is finally here, what a sweet baby girl! Take care of yourself and enjoy every minute :)
ReplyDeleteThe newness of her is so precious. The scent of her that lingers after you put her down to sleep. It all encompasses the blessings of motherhood. Taisa...float away a little. It is alright. You and her together. m.
ReplyDeletegorgeous! i am loving the pictures of the boys, I bet that was a BRILLIANT circus :-) love and hugs to you all x x
ReplyDeleteOh Taisa, in my whole life my favorite, most blessed periods were those after the birth of our babies! I am so happy for you! HUGS
ReplyDeleteOh welcome to little Willa - and oh what a blessing to you and your beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteOh these photos so precious xxxxx
ReplyDelete