Monday, June 24, 2013






Well, just like that, the sun came out on solstice morning- the first sunny day in a long while, and we were out with it. I didn't know how much we would manage as far as our traditions for this day- Perry was at work, and Willa and I have been taking things pretty slow, but Ari and Dori knew what to do to make  things happen. They set to work, scissors in hand, gathering up flowers and grass, and with Willa in the sling, I joined them. Soon we were making our wreath, sipping raspberry lemonade and singing little summer songs to the baby.  

And while I was upstairs later in the morning, tending to the baby, the boys were busy downstairs with yellow paper and a whole lot of staples, making crowns for the family, including a tiny one for Willa Rose, which was Dori's idea- he came up and placed in on her little sleeping head so proudly.

 Now if that isn't the cutest thing...
He came back to decorate it, adding suns, and then back it went on her little baby head. I thought it would be too scratchy, but she was unfazed.
Unfazed and totally adorable. I took about a million pictures of her sweet sleeping self.
Crowns and a wreath are what we manged- that and a picnic of sandwiches and ice cream outside with Papa when he got home. A lovely simple solstice, the first one with our family of five.
Happy Summer everyone! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, my ovaries hurt from so much cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, that photo of sweet Willa blossom, is just about the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long while. Ahhhh, sweet big brothers ~ what a lucky girl. I'm so impressed you managed to celebrate Solstice at all...it was a little less festive than it's been in many years around here...but that's okay. Life is full to the brim, and that's a good thing (most days :) ). Thank you for your sweet message...it brightened my evening. And Taisa, this is the year for sure we are heading to the Coast (October). Just sayin'...
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Taisa, that little blossom girl of yours has the sweetest face! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that crown on the baby, adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a beauty! Have I mentioned that I love her name?

    Lovely celebration as well. I hope you are all doing wonderfully well!

    ReplyDelete