Friday, November 03, 2006

crafty moments

Inspired by Ari's love of tags, knots, ribbons and other fiddly doodads, I am making a felt book for him with all the aforementioned bits-and-bobs. I am realizing however, that one of the secrets of effective crafting is to have a good stash of supplies, of which I am lacking. Therefore this is not quite the project it could be, if I were not a rank beginner with a meager craft cupboard. Living in a small town with a teeny craft store doesn't help- the owner looked at me sideways when I asked if she had wool felt, unvarnished wooden beads, a felting needle... but I'll support her family business all I can and then order the other stuff on-line I guess... but for now, I'm going ahead with this little book; crappy craft felt and all. Here is the first page (of 2 plus the cover and back! Like I said, I'm starting small!)

1 comment: