Friday, February 09, 2007

TGIF



















I took a bunch of photos this afternoon when Ari (finally) fell asleep, part of what I am thinking of as the exhausted-mama series. Ari has decided sleeping is best avoided and does so with all his baby might. He just loves his world so much it is hard to let go and accept he might miss out on things. Nights are hard too, he would rather snack and have several late-night parties, every hour or so. The lack of sleep is really catching up with me. I was pretty blase about sleep deprivation in the early days, siting my insomnia in university as a sort of training ground. Although I certainly did have some sleepless nights back then, they were usually exam-induced and therefore were followed by holidays where I could sleep in till noon and get caught up. No such luck these days. I wonder how we have survived as a species when mothers can spend years of their lives as total zombies. I wouldn't have a chance in outsmarting predators or fleeing great danger. I can hardly get myself dressed and figure out what to make for dinner.

This is Perry's first week back to work and I am sure glad the weekend is here. We've been spoiled having him home so much, but we sure miss him, and he misses Ari lots being gone all day long. We've been dreaming of the ideal work situation for both of us; him working afternoons and me teaching a few mornings a week. It's a nice dream but for now we'll each accept our full time positions as art teacher and mama and I'll soak up those Saturday morning sleep-in opportunities.














2 comments:

  1. I hope you all get some good together time and some good rest this weekend. It is hard, hard when they are babies sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i recognize that sleep deprivation. nap when ever you can, it makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete