
I am still yearning for spring, but it is showing no sign of coming anytime soon, so I am trying to embrace the wintry days as best as I can. Sitting by the fire and sewing feels lovely even when I am keen for a day when I do not have to light the stove any longer. This little WIP is one of a bunch of sweater bears I am working on. I've been adjusting the pattern I used with these fellows, it changes more every time I make one. When do you get to call a pattern your own I wonder? I'm loving this guy's fuzzy little face.

And by the way I did manage to finish the other wrist warmer in time for the birthday. I was getting down right speedy with the needles as the deadline approached, (oh memories of late night essay writing in Uni... glad that the stress level and the consequences of an not finishing a project is less these days.) I casted off wrong somehow though and it is not stretchy at the edge like the other one. Any knitters out there with word of wisdom on how to fix this mistake?
Oh, the bear is a darling! How cute!
ReplyDelete