
Awhile back Amanda at
Rowdy Pea posted some great ideas about making simple waldorf-y toys. One of her ideas was to glue clothespins to a board mounted on the wall to store playsilks. In a fit of spring cleaning and organization this past weekend I remembered this idea and glued a few pins to a piece of flooring from the pile we still have on the bedroom floor (the cleaning didn't go that deep apparently...) Suddenly the playsilks, hung up so pretty on the wall, are getting a lot more play.


They are such a great simple versatile toy- I wasn't too sure when I read about them, but they are as good as the Waldorf/Enki folks claim. And these ones were cheap 2$ blanks dyed with koolaid or food colouring. And now they have been found again, thanks to the clothes pins. Thanks for the idea Amanda!
They do look more enticing hung up, just in reach of small hands thrust upwards to grab them! Some of the simplest things really do make the best toys!!
ReplyDeleteI just read about your new pregnancy. Congrats! Your silks look lovely.
ReplyDeletegreat idea, I might have to get us some playsilks. There are a lot of old silk scarves down at the thrift store that will do just nicely I think!
ReplyDeleteThey turned out so bright and beautiful! I thought the kool aid playsilks were always muddy, but I guess not. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea!
ReplyDeleteHey, look at that! Thanks for the shout out (do people still use that word?) I was skeptical about playsilks, too. But ours get so much use. Amazing. BTW, ours are the $2 Kool Aid version, too. So I recognized your color palette right away. They look great :)
ReplyDeleteCould you please tell me where you found those $2 playsilks and how you colored them with KoolAid? Yours looked beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteHello Hope- I purchased the silk blanks from Dharma trading company- they have an great selection of different sizes and shapes. And you could google "koolaid dye" and find lots of info- people use it for wool and silks and it is super easy. Good luck!
ReplyDelete