These are knit using the Pea Patch diaper soaker patterns, and I really liked using it. They knit up pretty fast- even for me- and they look like they will be a good fit. Of course there are no baby bums to try them on just yet. I koolaid dyed some eco wool from my local yarn shop for the orange one. I would do it a little differently next time, but I had lots of fun dying the wool and then watching it knit up into these sort-of stripes. Even after washing and lanolizing it still smells a bit like orange crush though. Wet sheep and orange crush.
After knitting up those two I discovered a tutorial for turning old sweaters into soakers and gave it a try. What fun! I have to go to the thrift shop to find some more soft ones but oh! How quick they are to make! Despite knitting up quickly, these sewn ones take about 1/8th of the time to finish as the knitted ones, and they are still pretty cute. When the baby comes it can do the pee test to see which ones work better.
And until then, Ari will just be wearing them as hats.
Nice job! knitting for babes still in utero is so much fun. My 14 year old son parades them around on his head after I finish them here too. lol
ReplyDeleteCute soakers. I LOVE the recycled sweater ones!
ReplyDeleteExcellent! They turned out so well! Thanks for the pattern link, I'm going to have to try that one as well. I also love making soakers out of felted sweaters. They are so quick and satisfying to sew up.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to comment on your last post on how much I love your freezer paper stenciled shirts! So cute!
These are great and I am sure you will have fun trying them out and as you say in the meanwhile Ari looks pretty cute!
ReplyDeleteso cute!! the pea patchsoaker wasmy very 1st soaker pattern. I love it!! The wonderful mama whocreated it does amazing knits!
ReplyDeletethe undergarment as hat. classic.
ReplyDelete