
This new little lass is the little sister of the
doll I made last winter for our friend's little girl. They wanted one for their youngest too and asked me a good while ago to make it. Finally she is done and off to her new home. I never did get a better picture of her big sister. I've asked to have her back for a tune up (I'm not confident enough in my sewing skills to believe the dolls can withstand all the play they are getting,) so maybe I'll photograph her then.

I found the softest yarn for her hair, and went a bit crazy with it- she has a lot of hair. I can't remember the name of the wool, but it is some kind of alpaca and looks very hair-like. Her shirt and top are ones I changed a bit from the Weir doll patterns, and I made the sweater pattern up myself and sewed it from an old wool sweater.

Ari whisked her away as soon as she was done to show her the sights from his favourite viewing platform (the top of the stairs, where he can watch the goings on of all our neighbours and report back to us- or in this case, report to the doll.)


The new recipient was as appreciative as a 10-month-old can be. She smiled and chewed on her arm. High praise I'd say.
What a great doll.
ReplyDeleteThe doll is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love the doll! I didn't realise they were so big until I saw Ari holding her!! I am sure she is going to be well-loved!
ReplyDeleteShe's lovely :0)
ReplyDeleteshe's darling!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful!
ReplyDelete