
Yesterday Ari and I were in the garden picking the last few strawberries of the season. I went around behind the bed to pick the back ones and he called out,
"Mama, the dragons are there!"
"Oh no!" said I.
"Oh it's okay, they are friendly dragons. They don't eat people, just strawberries."
"Hmm. That's good. What are their names?"
"Toby and Filo. One is green and white and one is soooo brownish."
I just keep picking strawberries and smiling.
"They are so friendly mama. They love to hug people and snuggle them in their beds!"
"Oh wow!" I say. "I would love a dragon hug sometime."
"Mama!" he says with wonder and awe in his voice, "One is snuggling you right now!"
and so it is that I got a friendly dragon hug right in my own backyard.
I hope you all have such luck in your next few days.
And us, we are heading off for another camping trip and to attend the end of Ali's amazing skeena swim.
We are feeling pretty lucky all round and excited that we will get to meet up with Annie and her family while we are there.
As far as that giveaway I mentioned, I didn't get the post together so it will happen early next week. Promise.
I love that one is soooo brownish : )
ReplyDeleteSuch sweetness in the imaginations of our little ones! I mean er um *real* dragon hugs are super sweet!!!
Have fun, and I hope the dragons tag along! Peace and love. Anna
ReplyDeleteI want a brownish friendly dragon hug! :)
ReplyDelete