Hello Hello. I am finding it so hard to get to this space, the days are just flying past. I love this season, it is just so full! I did get the advent calender done (laughing at myself the whole time seeing as neither boys are really old enough to care,) and I am really pleased with it. There are no numbers on the pockets yet and it is super simple, but it is perfect for us. The pockets are just big enough to hold a little activity card , or a small treasure. Next year I plan to embroider the dates onto some felt and sew them onto the pockets. I am also thinking of little flaps to cover up the days that have passed, but I am really liking how festive this looks on this usually bare wall, so I might just leave it. The advent gnome I made last year moves along the pockets to mark the days and that is probably enough.
A little glimpse of the Lucien my folklore fabric that I adore. I'm pleased to use such a tiny bit so I can savour the 1/2 yard I've got.

And holiday crafting is hitting a frenzy over here. There are 6 different projects on needles and several sewing projects lined up. I love it. This is a picture from a recent try at knitting and reading at the same time. Something I wouldn't have even thought of until Melody posted about it. A little crazy but more relaxing than you'd think.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
I adore your advent calendar--it seems just perfect to me. Homey and lovingly handmade.
ReplyDeleteAnd knitting while reading? I can't imagine getting to that point. Can you honestly knit without looking at what you are doing at all? I'm intriged by that.
What a gorgeous calendar, and the gnome is so cute!
ReplyDeleteOh i love your advent calender, so sweet. Happy festive days to you..xx
ReplyDeleteI've been searching for an Advent calendar to make and I think you've provided the perfect inspiration! The gnome is to die for and I think I may have to put that on my holiday crafting to do list.
ReplyDeleteI do love that fabric and actually have half a yard in my stash... you don't mind if our homes have matching calendars do you ;}?
Thank you so much for the great ideas and inspiration!
Thanks everyone! Mary Beth- I still think of myself as a newbie knitter, and am only just able to look away a bit. I tried knitting in the dark in the car the other night and spent the next day pulling out the millions of mistakes, so I'm not there yet!
ReplyDeleteMarina- I would be honoured to know you were making a matching calendar- she who has one of the most beautiful homes I've ever seen and a kid art space to drool over!
oh, I love your little gnome! I'm tucking that idea away for future children. I love Advent calendars. I love Advent! My husband bought an Advent wreath for us this year (it sits on a table or shelf, and you light an additional candle on Sunday every week of the four weeks of Advent. We light ours at dinnertime, too). Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI love your advent calendar, and the little gnome is so clever! Great idea!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful advent calendar. And it sounds like a busy fun time at your home!
ReplyDeleteI love how this turned out! I giggle about savouring that gorgeous fabric. I think we all have fabric like this. I do!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love your calendar, and that gnome is so sweet. I think it looks like a beautiful piece of art just the way it is. Peace and love, Anna
ReplyDeleteI am really inspired by your calendar, too! So simple and sweet, and clever. I love the gnome!
ReplyDeleteI am just trying my hand at sewing and am surprised by how much I love it... already thinking how I could make one of these for us!