We celebrated my birthday this weekend, though it is not actually until tomorrow. 32! Ari asked if I was 61, and then told people on the phone that I was thirty-one-one-two. There was lots of loveliness this weekend. A lovely sunny solo walk (well, with a sleeping baby on my back, but it was peaceful and lovely,) birthday pancakes for breakfast, supper made by my boys, and this amazing rich date cake for dessert. Ari and Perry dyed some wool for me, a crazy bright colour combo that will be fun to find a project for. I'll post pics of my treasures sometime soon.We all went out to a family folk dance at a local community hall on Saturday which was such good fun. Most of the musicians are kids, much to Ari's delight and there is amazing mix of teens and little kids and old folks. Ari and I danced a square dance together and he did so well, following along even when it meant dancing away from me for a bit, and then when our lines met up and we were together he was so happy to see me and giddy and jumping up and down doing his own little dance moves to the fiddle music. So fun.
I also went out on my own to a show last night- Perry put the kids to bed on his own, which is a bit of an adventure, but it was quite a treat to go out and watch some good music.
And now I am off to go pull out my binder with all my important organizing-myself-and-my family papers because we have fallen off the rhythm wagon pretty badly and are paying for it in bedtime resistance and general crankiness. I guess it is good to slip a bit to be reminded how much it matters that I keep us moving through the days in a rhythmic way. A birthday is as good a time as any to get back into the groove.
And here is a green smoothie picture just because it makes me smile, and though this isn't from today, the scene is quite similar on most days, though sometimes the face is purple or pink, but regardless it is always enjoyed to this delicious degree!
Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI love the look on your littlest one's face in the picture of you with the cake. So sweet.
Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHooray! Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a good day.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I was thinking about you- how we almost share a birthday, and both 32!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! So much fun and love right now! You deserve it!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope 61 (when it comes) is as good as thirty-one-one-two. May your rhythm return with joy and harmony!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday - sounds like it was (is) beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! It was a good day.
ReplyDeleteSuspect I'm a day late but happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy (belated) birthday to you!!
ReplyDeleteI think I got called away from the computer, just as I was about to comment on this before. So, since I'm now late, a very happy belated birthday to you!!
ReplyDelete