My goodness, has it really been two weeks since I've been back here? What a blur the weeks have been! We have been busy with all the usual life stuff, but really the main reason I haven't been making it here is that Dorian has been on a bit of a nap strike and our days have been in a bit of upheaval. Nothing too serious, but an out of sorts two-year-old can throw a daily rhythm off the rails pretty quickly!I realize how dependant I'd become on that 2 hour chunk every day (I know, I've been spoiled!) to get in some homeschooling time with Ari, and, while Ari was having his quiet time, to have a little rest myself. And, I had gotten into something of a pattern to start my blog post during quiet time, and that has gone out the window!
But even though Dorian has been grumpy as anything come 3:00 every day, it is hard to hold it against him. I mean really. Look at that face.
My sister sent him his costume for his birthday, and he was mighty pleased to wear it out for Halloween. I forgot my camera when we went out with the boys, but couldn't help taking a ton of pictures the next day. Because if there is anything cuter than a toddler in a panda suit, I've yet to see it myself.
This is his "funny panda walk"- a sort of side to side waddle that he perfected while we were walking (ever so slowly,) from house to house on Halloween night.
Ari has yet to be convinced to put on his costume again, though he had a lot of fun wearing it out. He was a "Fire Monster" and had a costume he pulled together from bits from the dress-up bin in the big house basement. He roared fiercely at all passing trick-or-treaters. And the Switch Witch was a hit this year. She brought a book, a small toy and toothbrush in exchange for most of the candy. They were able to keep out a few pieces and Ari ate his all in one go. Dori forgot about his pretty fast. I asked Perry to take all that junk to school so I didn't eat it all- Bleck!
Ari had a half birthday this week and we celebrated with a "blueberry butter cake" (his request). I had told him that I would make him half a cake for his half birthday, but he was horrified by the thought, so I just made a quick single layer whole one. The only picture I got was of the dirty dishes the next morning.
And the bird feeder is filled and we are loving this time of year when we get to see so many birds right outside our window. I gathered all the bird books off the shelf for the boys to look through.
And though our homeschooling projects sort of fell off the radar these past few weeks, we did manage to make a batch of new play dough. Ari set to work making a cookie stand, with detailed gingerbread men and all sort of fancy treats. They cost just twelve-ninety-six-seven each. A bargain really.
Happy Monday everyone!
Lovely to read about your days. We had the Candy Witch come...perhaps they are related? She runs on an always-late schedule-she arrived on Wednesday night and filled the boys boots with 1 organic Camino choc bar, 1 organic Panda licorice bar and some cane sugar, dye-free lolli-pops. The rest of the no-good stuff went to the trash. Sigh. We haven't trick or treated for a couple of years but this year I caved due to spending time with a friend who my boys won't see for awhile. (It's a blog post...)
ReplyDeleteLoved the panda suit, really sweet. I would have taken pictures too, and also forgot my camera. My P&S camera resists low light anyways so all for good I think.
I love the exploring numbers...my youngest will ask if the clock says 25:62? Or do we leave at 54:100 mama? So fun!!!
Erin
What sweet panda suit! I had to have a bit of a giggle - lots of things cost twelve ninety six seven (or something like that) at our place too :)
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty good. Our cookies cost $68 each. Though if you ask for a rebate, they generally go down to $2 each. I hope our boys open a grocery store together one day. :)
ReplyDeletetwelve, ninety, six, seven you say? well yes, I think that sounds like a bargain and probably the best price for anything in the world!
ReplyDeleteDori's the cutest. I love the new costume. Blueberry butter cake sounds divine! I'm glad you didn't share a picture of it. I would have drooled into my keyboard.
ReplyDeleteHappy days to you!
Oh I so love that first photo, it is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI also am so admiring your plates.
It's so hard when the little ones go through transitions, but losing a nap is one of the toughest, it's right up there with teething!
Ollie Winter would be so interested in your basket of bird books! Wish we could come bird watching with you!
Hi Erin, Yes I suspect that those witches are related! In a few years my boys might wanting to invite your witch over instead!
ReplyDeleteMarlene- I hope the boys open a shop together too- they could sell marble runs, being experts and all!
Melanie- I think that teething might be the issue, he popped one molar a couple months ago. No sign of the next ones, but I think that might be what is bugging him. He is so miserable. Maybe someday we can do some bird watching together. You know, if you are ever just passing through...
The weeks really do fly by sometimes, especially this time of year. It sounds like your days have been full. I love the basket of bird books~it looks like you have an awesome collection.
ReplyDeleteAlso, that toddler panda of yours really is awfully cute!