Thursday, May 05, 2011

celebrating

It is busy around here, so not time for many words, but wanting to pop in and share a couple pictures of Ari on his big day. We had a lovely family celebration of our beautiful boy, and will continue celebrating with a party for him this weekend. It is going to be a big one, as our friendly little fella has been inviting people everywhere we go! We celebrated with our usual traditions- birthday table laid with gifts and crown and wreath and baby pictures with a trail of sparkling stars leading from his bedroom. Morning gift opening and lots of time to play with the new treasures. A birthday supper and cake and a birthday story at bedtime. I made a simple an icecream cake (using our homemade yogurt with raspberries and maple syrup) And just spread the top with vanilla yogurt and "healthy" sprinkles. Perfect for our boy who likes the idea of cake but doesn't actually enjoy eating it. He does have plans for a strawberry chocolate cake for his party though. I love this series of pictures taken by Perry:

I have another post with a birthday letter and lots of pictures half-written which I'll get to posting when I get a chance (I also have Dorian's unposted one (gulp) waiting in the wings, and a homemade yogurt post, and a easter-egg-pocket post and a post about some recent crafting...) suppers on the stove- better get back to it!

Have a lovely day friends.

10 comments:

  1. I love that serie of photos too! And hooray for healthy cake recipes and birthday rituals!... and for posts waiting on the wings... I have a couple of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy BIRTHday to Ari and you!!! It looks like a perfect day. I just love your cute family! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your traditions sound amazing, Taimarie. I would love to see photos of the sparkling stars and the wreath. What an incredible birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Ari!! Can't believe you're 5 already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy Birthday beautiful Mama and beautiful boy! 5 is such a milestone, such a wonderful age!
    I love the series of "blowing out the candles" photos too- what an exuberant boy, full of sparkling energy! How blessed you are!
    I am looking forward to your upcoming posts!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!
    Julia- I didn't get many pictures but I'll try to dig some up (though its pretty simple- stars cut from sparkly paper and a waldorf-style birthday wreath/ring... maybe sounds more elaborate than it is!)
    Melanie- "exuberant" is the perfect word for this boy of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FIVE!! Can't believe it! I love hearing about your family traditions. Thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy day to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your big boy! What a lucky momma you are. Peace and love. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy belated birthday!! It looked wonderful. Gosh they grow fast, hey?

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete