Friday, May 27, 2011

raining

It has been raining. Things are greening up and we head outside to the garden whenever there is a break in the weather. Out in the garden, digging and weeding and getting ready for planting. Rescuing worms and placing them ever-so-lovingly into the compost.


Feeding the chickens "chicken treats" - clover and dandelions.

Picking nettles (and eating nettles- soup and omelets and nettle pesto! yum.)


Getting out in the rain too- fun with friends at a local park.

And lots of inside time too. We've been making stuff- this is a "monster campsite" complete with a monster who can go in his sleeping bag and his tent, and can go fishing in his monster boat and roast his supper over the wood on his monster campfire. Playing with friends- "riding on a train."
Playing with the new castle set- this is the second time around with this pattern and it was Ari's birthday gift from me- the only thing he asked for. There is a horse too, but it is in the repair basket awaiting help with a lost tail.

And I've been knitting amongst all that too-much-inside-time chaos. It has been a good week. I hope your week has been good as well friends.

4 comments:

  1. Tai,
    Whenever I visit here I feel such familiarity- with the way your days go, the way your boys play- it could totally be here in the ash grove!
    Also, I always feel such warmth here- thank you for that!

    Wondering what you're knitting. . .

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie- I feel the same way when I visit your blog- it feels very familiar- and so warm too!
    Anna- a hot water bottle cover! A silly little knit, but it seemed appropriate with all the rain and cold, and I'm having fun using up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! What a wonderufl life.

    ReplyDelete