Dori and I are at home, listening and dancing to big brother's music. Ari and Perry have some time together after their show too and Dorian and I spend the afternoon together.There is always some a treat involved (usually something involving chocolate, and other things his big brother is allergic to which he doesn't get to have at other times!) He usually starts playing by himself the minute the car leaves the driveway. He immediately sinks into creative play that has a very different feel than the kind of play he and Ari have together. His little people (or buttons, or pieces of toast, or whatever he has handy,) talk to each other and go on adventures and say the most adorable things in his little voice. This week we got to painting together and I took about a million pictures of him up in the craft table.
Oh those little hands- those little feet! It is all I can do to keep myself from nibbling them.
He kept on drawing and painting, working on an entire series of grasshopper art works and I took my knitting to the couch and basked in the peace of knitting and watching my happy boy play.
Then we headed out to the garden to collect some food for supper. He likes to race me. "I'll win you!" he says. And he always does.
We cooked together and snuggled and snuggled and snuggled. Such a treat to have a little one-on-one time with my littlest boy. He is such an incredible little guy and at this perfect age where he is still so little- still a baby in some ways (though he would deny that with great fervor!) but so full of big ideas and stories and adorable expressions. He is pure sweetness this little one, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. And blessed to have him just to myself now and then!






Ah! Blissful times for all!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing with us!
~ joey ~
The photos in this post are gorgeous - some of my all time favorites (along with your Friday photos, which have been wonderful). I actually looked at this post last night and thought about the one of you knitting and the one of Dorian coloring all day. Both photos kept reminding me to step back and slow down. And they both brought such warmth - which your blog always seems to do.
ReplyDeleteI am just catching up on your blog after being internet- free for a bit and it looks as if you guys have had a marvelous summer.
ReplyDeleteThe photos of your little man are so special. I feel the same way when I have a time to just enjoy one boy. Thanks for sharing and much love to you. :)
Oh Taisa, this makes me think of my Friday mornings, when Andy takes the older two off to violin and cello and Ezri naps, and it's Asa and me. Usually we do a little something together, but mostly he plays so quietly and absorbed- this quiet alone time is so precious to him. I sit and knit, like you.
ReplyDeleteLook at those boys of yours- Perry and Ari, they look so much alike! None of my boys look like Andy, Ella is the one who looks like her daddy. :)
<3
Thanks everyone!
ReplyDeleteJoey, yes. It really is blissful.I hope we can continue this time into the school year.
Julia- Thanks for your kind words. Your blog does the same for me, I love this kind of sharing.
Sara- So nice to have you back! Much love to you and your family as you settle in!
Melanie- yes, I am pretty sure that the knitting photo looks like a couple of yours! I like thinking there are other happy mams knitting and watching their kids playing while I do the same!
Beautiful. Both the photography and the sentiments. I am learning so much about my beautiful children by simply watching them... the choices they make, the way that they play or create.
ReplyDeleteIt is new for me. I am only now learning to leave them alone, not to direct their "play".
Thanks for sharing, and I am glad to have found your blog.