a bunch of random photos from the past while, and some things I've been loving :
:: the creativity of my kiddos, how their days are spent building, singing, drawing, painting, inventing, creating, dreaming. It is such a joy to witness.
:: our garden. Though I had such high hopes and we are not getting all the food I had hoped for, still, we can go out and gather the ingredients for a meal, and oh, it tastes so good! And my kids can spear a cooked carrot on their plate and say "I picked this one!"
:: Knitting. Oh how I love it. I regularly proclaim it to my family- "I love knitting!" or "knitting makes me happy!" they hardly even notice anymore. I am working on a seamless stripey sweater for Dorian's birthday and having so much fun.
:: the wheat-less, dairy-free, egg-free, naturally sweetened, purple-iced (with natural food dye,) carob cupcake I made my boy for a birthday we attended. They were actually good and he didn't complain at all about having one that looked a little different. He did wish he could have had some smarties though, poor chap.
:: the full jars starting to gather on the pantry shelves. Pickles, jam, peaches, apricots, tomatoes. Apple sauce is next on the list. The boys want me to make a lot. Like 328 jars or so.
:: my dear friends. Feeling so blessed with the kindred spirits that I have the incredible good fortune to know and share this crazy life with. I'm just so lucky.
:: how my boys call each other "friend" when they are playing. I'm not sure where this has come from, but I smile to myself all day long listening to them talk to each other- "come on friend, let's built a road." or "friend lion? are you hungry?" Of course the friends don't always get along, but that is to be expected I suppose.
:: also loving the knock knock jokes they are telling. Usually something like- "knock? Hey- I said knock- you say who's there." "who's there" "orange orange" "orange orange who?" "orange orange banana!" and they kill themselves laughing. There is also a version with a snowman smelling carrots that they think is very funny.
:: that I am not sending my 5 year-old off to school tomorrow. I really can't imagine being without him 5 full days a week, or him being ready for such a thing. Tomorrow we will sleep in if we like, and have a slow morning together and a day full of playing and making and stories and songs. Oh, this really is just right for us.
:: that the house is quiet and relatively clean and I have a few minutes to pick that knitting back up before hitting the bed myself. Goodnight friends.







i love their chalk drawings :-) so sweet hugs L x
ReplyDeleteLove the photos! That's quite the zucchini! ;o)
ReplyDeleteDid you can the peaches, apricots and tomatoes in a sugar free mixture? Would love the recipes I have peaches that need to be dealt with asap! We can't wait for apple sauce and dried apples yum!
Wishing my littles were staying home with me today, it seems to be getting harder each year to send them off to school...xoxo
Homeschooling is the best! Yes, we are so lucky to live this wonderful life with them! I am loving the jokes! So cute!
ReplyDeleteOh I love all of this too! And is that a portrait of Perry? I see a beard. . .
ReplyDeleteOh heavens. . . knitting- I'm right there with ya! And also with you on watching the bus drive past, and not picking up my kids. :)
Love... all of it... you like a wonderful life.
ReplyDeleteLaura- I know- I think I need to keep a photo journal of them, they are so great, but they just disapear with just the wipe of a cloth!
ReplyDeleteJoey- unfortunatly a lot of the canning was done before we found out Ari's test results. I don't have any great recipes to share, though if you find some, let me know! And I will get back to your message soon, I promise!
Catherine- yes. We are so lucky. Your homeschooling girls are an inspiration!
Melanie- yes, a Papa portrait, though all portraits of men have beards, and even sometimes the mamas!
Annie- thanks, and hugs, we miss you guys!