Friday, September 21, 2012

Outside :: My favorite fall flowers
:: bundling up the onions to hang in the pantry for winter,

:: garden play
::the last of the zucchini and our tiny winter squash of which I am proud (we've never had any success, so three little ones is something!)

:: this little onion guy which Dorian became rather attached to. I asked Dori to pick an onion for our supper, but he thought the "crazy hair" was funny and wanted me to carve on a face. When I asked when I might be able to have the onion to cook he said "No Mama, you can't cook him- he is becoming a friend!" We didn't eat the onion guy.
Inside:: Processing the last food from the garden. We were quite pleased with our bean harvest this year- lots of fresh eating and many for the freezer. They were very happy in the hoop houses.
:: playing inside more now. Dorian takes any opportunity to play quietly on his own.

:: the game "Harvest Time" seemed very fitting this afternoon- the goal of the game is to cooperatively harvest all the garden veggies together before the winter frosts come. We managed to get them all in, just in the nick of time.

7 comments:

  1. Taisa...your garden bounty is enviable! I know, because I'm a little green looking at it all. I think in 15 or 16 or so years, this is my least productive year yet!!! Those beans (gasp!), the onions (oh my!) and the sunflower seeds (beautiful!)!!! Luckily, we have plenty of helianthus, too, though I had nothing to do with that ~ they grow despite anything. We also play the very same game and love it, too. What a happy, satisfying gallery of photos...wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! I am pleased with a lot in the garden, but there is lots that was disappointing too- focusing on the positive here! Your garden looks beautiful to my eye!
      xoxo Taisa

      Delete
  2. Haven't we been having some wonderful weather? Your pictures sure make me think of it. Must be lovely harvesting and time spent outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so lovely, though maybe the usual fall weather is upon us now? I'm okay with that- ready for sweaters and wool socks!

      Delete
  3. Your photos always sum up the way we all should be living! You surround yourself with only pure and natural goodness and live such a rich life!
    Our small crop of green beans has filled our tummies and freezer and the tomatoes supplied us with a steady supply (oh how I will miss them in a month's time!) The rest of
    'garden' did ok. We are just waiting for the apples to ripen (at a spot that we love to hike to) and I'll start drying apple rings. Oh I love this season.
    Onion guy and his friend are sure cute! ;o)
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~
    ps. We've been reading about eating for your blood type and I have noticed a difference in how I feel. Have you heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey. I have heard about that diet, but I don't know too much about it. Glad you are finding it is helping you!

      Delete
  4. we love the game harvest time too, time to bring it out, as i have officially been wearing wool socks in the evening (while going barefoot as long as possible by day) and wool sweaters too ... and breaking out the knitting.


    i am growing to love how every season's harvests are different ... this year tonnes of tomatoes and fewer sizeable carrots and beets. new things like zucchini and cape gooseberries and leaving out some we tired of too. it all changes!

    ReplyDelete