I am just turning the heel on a pair of red socks for my biggest boy who requested thick squishy socks. I am loving how fast socks knit up in worsted weight yarn, and the waffle stitch makes them extra squishy. Dori is requesting a pair in green.
And there are several past projects waiting in the wings for me to get together to record here- or like this one, already well worn in. I knit this blanket for my sweet niece's arrival in June. I couldn't capture the colour in the pictures, though I wish I could because it is lovely. It is knitpicks swish in canopy and the pattern is "Surprise"- a very fun knit.
And a picture of my sweet niece wrapped in the blanket at just a few days old. Knitting for babies is the best.
I am currently between books- I just finished "The Time Travelers Wife"- I wasn't sure at first, but I really got into it and liked it quite a lot- pure escapism, which I quite enjoyed. I have only to dive into the pile of books my wonderful sister let me leave her house with and I'll post about a new one next yarn along.
Goodnight friends!





Thank you for your beautiful photos ... I love coming to your blog ... Your journey is a great source of inspiration for me and my family.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
Deletethat blanket is stunning. wow. and that baby is pretty beautiful too.
ReplyDeleteThanks! And yes, I think she is pretty lovely!
DeleteOh sweetness! The blanket is gorgeous! I have this book with me to read during our trip this year! Glad to hear you liked it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Catherine- I hope you enjoy the book too!
ReplyDeleteYour knitting is just beautiful and that little one - precious.
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful and so is that green! xx Love.
ReplyDelete