Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Mama got a swift and winder for her birthday from her three wonderful boys, and there was much celebration by all. There is something terribly exciting about this simple technology- the whir and the blur and the beautiful little yarn cake that it turns out at the end. I remember bringing Dori into the little local yarn store (which has since closed, sadly,) just to watch the spinning swift, so I imagine there will be some good baby entertainment in winding up yarn stashes in the future as well. Ari took it upon himself to dig through my entire stash and wind every skein in there, and seeing all that pretty yarn wound up so nicely got me excited to get knitting again. I had taken a little break from it after the holiday bustle but I knit up one whole baby sock yesterday- the swift gave me back my knitting mojo it seems!
And otherwise, things are pretty much the same around here, lots of making and snuggling and reading and homeschooling and playing and cooking and playing in the snow. Winter just starts to get a little long for this mama around this time of year, but the boys still are enamored with the snow and are loving their ski lessons and sledding on the sled hill and jumping on the snowy trampoline which we are very glad we never got to putting away!
Happy Wednesday, friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Just found your lovely blog! Happy birthday x
ReplyDeleteThanks Sian, glad you found your way here!
Deletewhat a wonderful birthday gift, it will brings years of use (and entertainment!)
ReplyDeleteYes, I do believe it will!
DeleteDear Taisa, you have been on my mind lately, dear birthday-friend! HUGS and happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like we have the same swift! Is it from knitpicks? I looove mine, it is seriously one of my favorite things. And yes, when I wind I am surrounded by little ones.
Your house looks so warm and fresh, I want to come visit and have tea with you while our boys are dragons or animals around us.
Love, Mel
Happy Birthday hugs to you too, dear Mel! Yes, it is a knitpicks swift- Perry did all the shopping on this one, and he did a fine job- I love it! Oh I do wish I could invite you in for that cup of tea! And the boys can play here any day- today mine were chameleons and I'm sure they would love to have your boys join their pack!
Deletehappy birthday dear friend :-) so nice to see you :-) gorgeous yarns, happy knitting x x
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I love the way a swift winds the wool - it always looks great. Oh and congratulations on your other big news - I somehow managed to miss that! Most exciting!
ReplyDeleteThanks Di! I love the way the wool looks too- almost good enough to eat!
DeleteA great gift indeed! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sarah!
DeleteOh my, I missed your announcement so I'm here today to wish you all the best! Congratulations! I so enjoy coming here to see the photos of your lovely family, your handmade works, beautiful scenery, and soon a new little baby!!! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteBe well,
~ joey ~