Monday, December 18, 2006

freezer paper stencilin'

















Having lots of fun with this project (thanks to crafty wonders like soulemama.) I tried out a few on Ari's old shirts and now wish I'd used some nicer non-stained ones since I like them so much.

I'm not too excited about the one I made my sister though. I am fairly happy with the design- it references the fabric she chose for her headband (yet to be sewn... the holiday craft crunch is upon me...) and I spent a bunch of time getting the flowers how I wanted them and I think they suit her. But the fabric paint- the only fabric paint I could find in town- is so shiny. I should have just stuck with plain white. It's sort of 80's glam, or worse, cheap carnivalesque- it needs some feather hair clips and a pair of cowboy boots, which is certainly not her look. darn. At least my sister is a generous spirit and will appreciate the effort even if it never makes it out of her drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment