Wednesday, December 20, 2006

oh christmas tree



This is the best we'll be doing for a tree this year - a thrift store wooden candle holder that I got for $1.50. Decorating isn't high on the priority list with Ari not being remotely phased yet and Perry heading off across the globe on Christmas day. He is flying to Dhaka to his brother's wedding reception and we decided when I was still pregnant that it wouldn't be practical to take the babe on such a sojourn. Our minds were made up when we saw the list of immunizations we would have had to start giving him at 2 months old. It made me realize that the trip would not be for him at all, and that it would be selfish to drag him along. I am dreading Perry's absence, or rather, pretending he is not actually going at all. I even manage to fool myself sometimes- today I asked him what he wanted to do for New Years and he had to gently remind me that he would be touring the tea estates in Bangladesh. Humph. It's going to be a long two weeks.

In the meantime we are planning some good family visits and activities that might keep me distracted enough to continue forgetting that Ari and I will be alone soon. And I think Perry is missing the little chestnut already. He has been snuggling him even more than usual and spent the evening playing with him (dance parties are a sure-fire hit around here) and videotaping the giggles. We'll just celebrate the holidays together until the plane takes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment