Tuesday, December 12, 2006

wrapped up




Ari has been having a hard time winding down in the evenings and has been staying up late most nights. I'm finding it tough to let go of this time- I treasure the quiet baby-free moments, and I use them to make stuff, catch up on the things that pile up and breathe deep. So I've been trying various strategies to get Ari to sleep. Last night I pulled out the wrap which I haven't used for awhile, I've been preffering the sling and the backpack these days. But even though I was surrendering my evening hours, it was lovely to snuggle Ari in close and realize how little time we have left for this front wrapping coziness. We spent so much time like this in the newborn days; how can I get in enough head kisses before he outgrows it? I guess I'll soon be snatching the smootches while he moters about on his own. So I'll put him to sleep like this even if it means surrendering the odd craft project.

No comments:

Post a Comment