So this reno business is coming along- slower than I would like, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. This is our flooring, stacked in the corners of the big house (it weights over a ton, so we can't stack it all in one place!) to keep dry until it is installed. It is locally milled birch, and we are pretty excited about it- especially after having a combination of old yucky carpet and plywood floors for all these years.
The drywall is done, and just needs to be primed so that we can paint it. That part will be exciting- I will be able to sneak away in the evenings to work on it, and putting colour on walls will make it feel like home. The rest of the house is entirely wood, which is lovely, but a bit much. Breaking it up with some colour will be good.
I can't quite get the colours to be true on the screen, but these are a few small cans for test strips- there are similar (but different!) shades of each colour- plus a couple light earthy browns for the bedroom- waiting for us to pick them up at the other paint shop. So we are looking at that smokey blue for the mud room, the green for the living room, and the orangey- peach for the studio. I am thinking of using the same colour as the studio for Ari's room, but doing a colour wash with it- but I have to figure out how to do that first. Oh! to have a studio! A bedroom for the babe! What luxury and excitement await us!
oooh! It's going to be beautiful. Those colors are so warm and cheerful. I'm excited for you!
ReplyDeleteIts looking good!
ReplyDeletehow exciting! i love those colors...what's the peachy one? that's the color kai has asked for in his room. we painted it harbor blue but it's way too cold.
ReplyDeleteYour house is going to be beautiful! I love your color palette, and your birch floors. . . wowsa, they will be awesome. Hang in there, it won't be long now :)
ReplyDeleteOh wow - your house is going to be so fantastic! I can't wait to see the finished photos!! Enjoy decorating - that's all part of the fun!
ReplyDeleteSo very exciting. Wood floors! Color! I'm happpy for you.
ReplyDeleteMaya- thanks, I am really liking these colours too. The peachy one is sort of how I imagined the colour Beth suggested. I am testing two- one is "mango daiquari" and the other is "dominique." You can e-mail me if you want more specific info.
ReplyDelete