Monday, June 08, 2009

tree wishes

Planting a tree for Dorian. Ari has an apple tree, and Perry and I have our wedding apple. Now Dorian has a cherry tree for his very own. His placenta has been in the freezer all winter, making me smile when I'd come across the bucket from the hospital labelled "Dorian's placenta." Now it is in the ground to nourish this pretty little tree.
Welcome to the earth sweet baby. We feel so blessed to share this journey with you.

5 comments:

  1. Cherry tree - how gorgeous......what a great reminder of Dorian's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great. My husband just asked me while eating cherries if I thought a cherry tree would grow here. I told him I was doubtful, but that we could try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful tradition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna, this is a sour cherry tree which is hardier than a regular cherry (which can't really grow here.) This tree is zone 3 which should be okay for us... do you know what zone you are?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a meaningful, thoughtful and beautiful tradition!
    Yes, welcome to you little one! : )

    ReplyDelete