Tuesday, February 22, 2011

februaryish


I've been having a hard time getting here lately- just don't feel like I have much to say, mid-winter is just a quiet time of year. But in actuality things are not really quiet at all- not in in my house it isn't! There is just as much going on as usual- I'll try to keep posting pictures, even if I don't have many words to go along with them. And I'll try to catch up a little of what we've been doing while the blog has been neglected.
:: not being the flower and chocolate types for Valentines, we still managed both and it was lovely. Homemade chocolates (and carob ones too- the boys actually preferred them,) using this recipe. Yum. And seeing my love bringing in a bundle of unexpected flowers (and groceries!) made my day.
As always there has been lots and lots and lots of playing. The boys have entered a new stage in their play now that is so terrific and engaged and totally great- but my goodness- the house at the end of the day is really an incredible disaster. I think I need to factor in more cleaning-as-we-go strategies. I haven't taken any pictures of the cyclone of cut up paper, books, toys, dress ups, art supplies, puzzle pieces... but it is a sight to behold! Above is a waterfall. Love it.
And we have two new resident superboys at our house. (I made costumes for Solstice and never got to sharing them,) They use their superpowers for all sort of magical adventures and rescue missions, but lucky for us they also use them for house chores. They loaded that wood box until it was quite literally overflowing.

And in their off hours, when not hauling wood or saving orphaned animals or rescuing people from wicked thunderstorms, the superboys can often be found dancing to their favorite tunes. And I even get up from my mid-winter knitting and daydreaming to join them now and then.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful capes. Gotta love those superboys their super cute and very helpful around the house. What kind of watercolor paints do the boys like to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, I love the super boys!
    Our house winds up like a cyclone too- thankfully Ella and Ollie Winter are old enough to help clean up periodically during the day. Asa should in theory be old enough, but somehow he manages to escape helping. . .not sure what to do about that yet.
    We're not really flower and chocolate types either, but I would be so excited if Andy surprised me with them!

    I always get excited to see a new post from you, Tai!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful February-ness!!

    Your house sounds like my house....I love the creativity, and wowza, the stuff they strew in a matter of a few hours takes me so long to put away!!

    Well, I guess when they're older and moved away I'll have free time to clean;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love all of these photos! And thanks for the chocolate recipe, I am excited to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum. Those chocolates to sound good. Dori is growing up. I don't see any baby in him anymore. I'm loving your february!

    ReplyDelete