Feeling thankful for so much. For these boy's renewed love of skiing-especially Dorian who has just taken off on those little skis. They are so excited to get outside and make more tracks in the yard!

~ For soup on the stove,

~For my little drummer boy (I don't know if I ever posted a picture of his "drum kit" here before. He first set this up when he was two, with all the tin canisters and noisy containers he could find, and he's been adding to it ever since- and constantly raiding the chopsticks from the drawer. He practices every day- loudly, exuberantly, and, lately, with actual real rhythms emerging. He makes up songs and sings at the top of his lungs. I love it.)
~For my two year old bundle of love who makes us all laugh and who makes sure we all kiss each other good night and good bye and who gives me "nuggles" (snuggles) when he sees my eyes watering from chopping onions.

~ For knitting. I am loving it so much these days. This is another LTK pilot cap on its way to a little sweet baby boy.


~For my little drummer boy (I don't know if I ever posted a picture of his "drum kit" here before. He first set this up when he was two, with all the tin canisters and noisy containers he could find, and he's been adding to it ever since- and constantly raiding the chopsticks from the drawer. He practices every day- loudly, exuberantly, and, lately, with actual real rhythms emerging. He makes up songs and sings at the top of his lungs. I love it.)
~For my two year old bundle of love who makes us all laugh and who makes sure we all kiss each other good night and good bye and who gives me "nuggles" (snuggles) when he sees my eyes watering from chopping onions.
~ For knitting. I am loving it so much these days. This is another LTK pilot cap on its way to a little sweet baby boy.~the sun magazine. Every year for my birthday Perry's parents renew my subscription to this incredible journal. The writing is superb- real and raw and human. I love it so.

~ for notes written by my children:
my birthday card from Dorian
a letter to me from Ari.
~for birds at the feeder, for my beautiful husband-love-of-my life, for CBC radio, for books read while snuggled under flannel sheets. And a whole lot more besides.
my birthday card from Dorian
a letter to me from Ari.
~for birds at the feeder, for my beautiful husband-love-of-my life, for CBC radio, for books read while snuggled under flannel sheets. And a whole lot more besides.
Thank you for your beautiful list of gratitude. This is such a good time of year to remember all the good around us.
ReplyDeleteTai, thank you for this lovely list of things you are thankful for- this place of yours is always so warm and lovely- and this post is so uplifting. It's so good- so simple to remind ourselves of all that we have. <3
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see you too!
Wow! What a lovely, lovely list!! It is the end of a most trying parenting day over here and your list cheered me and encouraged me to focus on the positive. Your photos are always so cheery and warm. much love to you~
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Taimarie, it sounds like you had a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteI finally posted about the gathering aprons:)
Hey, I noticed in you reading bar that you are reading everywhere babies, did I miss something?.......
hi busygnomes, thanks for the gathering apron hint- those look perfect. And I had a laugh when i read your comment about the baby book- no news to report- my toddler just loves reading about babies!
ReplyDeleteYou are one lucky woman! Peace and love. Anna
ReplyDelete