Well, it seems that summer has finally arrived to our little mountain home, just as autumn equinox is around the corner. We have been enjoying the sunny warm days, and bringing out the summer pjs and the skirts and shorts from the backs of the drawers. We've been:
:: reaping the first fruits of homeschooling this week as we spend time at the beautiful and empty beach during school hours. And we covered some curriculum too- discussing and observing water birds: science. Making elaborate sand sculptures: art. Spending hours chasing an inner tube down a hill and launching a stomp rocket: physical education.
:: finding our garden so interesting with all the strange weather we've been having. We are harvesting many early summer crops like spinach and peas and raspberries, and then some autumn ones too, like potatoes and apples. It is odd to be harvesting raspberries in mid september, but we are enjoying them ever so much. Freezing lots and eating lots.
:: amazed at how much my boys are eating these days. They are constantly hungry and putting away amazing amounts of food. It is nice to have an appreciative audience for my cooking!
:: watering the garden - for the second time all year. The kids love the sprinkler. Also loving that the flowers are all bursting into bloom at the same time. There might be a wild jungle of weeds out there, but the flowers make it a beautiful wild jungle!
:: excited by all the babies being born around me, or who are due soon. Feeling the urge to knit tiny things and to cook extra quantities of meals so I can have something to offer new mama friends.
:: feeling pleased at the end of the first week of homeschooling, with the new rhythm and the feel of the days. Trying ever so hard to work against my disorganized nature and keep things in order. It is hard work, but it feels really good.
and I am planning on getting a full night's sleep tonight, I hope the kiddos are planning the same. Goodnight friends!





wow, I thought when I first saw this post that you were posting pictures you took earlier in the year! What amazing weather, and beautiful pictures. Hope you get some sleep :-)
ReplyDeleteWow! Those photos are just glorious pictures of summer! It sounds as though you guys are having a wonderful time up there. And you are making me miss the beach. I think we might have to take a trip to the Jersey shore soon! I hope you are having a great week. xo, s
ReplyDeleteHi, I just found your flicker photos . . . then your blog, love your photos : )
ReplyDelete